Thursday, September 20, 2007

What becomes of the broken hearted?


They stop blogging for a few months apparently. ‘Not again’ I can hear you all screaming and indeed that’s what all my friends have been saying as well. Apparently I took leave of my senses a few months ago and plunged feet first into a highly dubious liaison with a highly unsuitable guy. I am now reaping the consequences of my rash choices and nursing a broken heart that is juts refusing to heal anytime soon.
So, why did I do it? I am actually a reasonably intelligent person, but I am also unfortunately a very romantic one as well. I like to trust in people and always try to see the good even when there is very little there. To cut a long story short, we met, he pursued me in a way I had never been pursued before and his attentions flattered my bruised heart and ego and I fell hook, line and sinker. Not such a bad thing you might think, after all this guy was actually single! But apparently, I had another lesson to learn in the art of dating and relationships. Just because a man says he is single doesn’t necessarily mean he is ‘available’ and this guy was as far from available as you could get. I didn’t realise this until it was too late and he’d already cheated on me (he obviously doesn’t see it this way as he always considered himself a free agent, something I wasn’t aware of).
Anyway, it’s all still too raw to think about too much. I am also stupidly trying to remain friends with this guy as I am rubbish at burning bridges and letting people go thus prolonging the agony probably. In the mean time I am trying against the odds to get together enough results for a publication and waiting to hear about various job applications. Life has lost some its lustre, but what other choice do I have except to carry on.

No comments: